Inspired by the /now page movement. The purpose of this page is to share what I'm currently focused on.
Hi! My name is Josh. I am a software engineer and solutions architect. I love building resilient systems that delight people. I think a lot about design, intuitive systems and cognative biases. I talk a lot about how to build successful software teams who deliver quality product quickly.
Currently I am working as Solutions Architect.
What am I up to?
- Having fun adventures in and around our home with my wife and dog, Millie.
- Focusing on creating rather than consuming. Writing and building products.
- Building habits that will help me achieve my goals.
- Continuing to simplify.
- Learning GoLang
What are my interests?
- Reading - particularly about neurology, history, and space.
- Exercising - mainly lifting and running.
- Open source software
- Building micro-saas products
What tech am I using?
- Laptop: Macbook Pro M1 2021
- Phone: iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Stack: Although I try any technologies, I mostly use NodeJS and React
- You can find the setup for my machines (which are standardized) here
My blog is my brain
I believe that reading and writing are the most nourishing forms of meditation anyone has so far found. - Kurt Vonnegut
I strongly resonate with Vonneguts thoughts on writing. I believe that writing about a topic is powerful tool for learning. So, this blog is a record of things I have learned or been thinking deeply about. Largely, I write for myself. Although I love the idea that other people read my writing, the words are meant to capture my mind at a certain point in time. I can then travel back in time by reviewing the archive of this page.
Last Updated 20th December 2023, from Walsall, UK